The customer’s project consisted of the construction of a high-precision automatic measuring machine to characterize brass wedges (gibs), creating an .xls file with the values that the end user must use to recreate the geometries.
GaraGeeks has developed a software for the Windows environment, in C # language, which at low level drives the stepper motors (Schneider Electric), the various Keyence measurement lasers (accuracy of 0.002mm) and the limit switches.
The high-level features offer high machine automation, with exception management and a clear user interface for the operator.
The functions offered are:
- Homing when starting the machine
- Positioning of the wedge against the reference pins consent to the measurement
- Adjustment of the sensors on the fork (different heights on the z axis)
- Compilation of information in the user interface with the following data: wedge length, First Measurement offset and pitch
- Once the automatic measurement has started, the scan starts from SENSOR RESETTING and SENSOR OFFSET COMPENSATION
- Scan according to the set positions;
- Export of readings table in Excel format
- End of measure communication.